THE ERA OF THE SMALL FAMILY FARM IS BEHIND US
Farms need to grow to stay on the map and working with the bank to get bigger is getting harder to pull off.
We believe in keeping farms and families together, and we’re working with farmers across Canada act on opportunities that allow them to quickly expand their operations without debt.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLE
We operate with one principle: an operator should always do better working with Area One Farms than they could on their own.
That means we’ve set up our model so that the farms is put first:
- We do not charge operators fees, rent, or interest.
- Operators who partner with Area One Farms earn 100% of the income and appreciation generated by their investment.
- Operators also earn income and appreciation generated by Area One Farms’ investment – and they deserve to because they manage the farm we are investing in.
Partnering with Area One Farms frees farm operators to focus on what they do best: farming.
- They can expand and remain financially stable.
- They are not hampered with the obligations that come with additional debt, or land rental fees.
- They do not need to fund additional machinery or operating costs alone, so they can use all of their equity to buy in to the operation, which means more and better land.